Monday, January 10, 2005

Leather etc.

I know I gotta take some pictures. It is on my to-do list. I hope to post what we did to the front room. It is now an office and really really different.

This weekend I got to talk to my “close” friend Sandi. She is one of those people, when we talk it is like no time has passed. We just pick up the energy and go from there. Ever since I got my VoIP phone (www.telecomavenue.com) I am busy calling everyone I haven’t talked to in ages.

Matter of fact, I got so into the phone, I made it available in Bisbee. Let me explain. Bisbee is a teensie town in the Mule Mountains of Arizona. I fell in love with it about 7 years ago. I got rid of everything and left San Francisco to live in Bisbee!!! It is an old mining town that is considered a historical icon of the U.S., but unfortunately there is very little for people to survive on.

I joke and say everyone is either:
1. A psychic
2. A masseuse
3. An artist

And probably in that order. I did really well there, cause I love physical labor and am dependable. For some reason, people move there and either had no ethics or lose them. So, if they show up for an appointment at all it is a big deal, let alone be on time.

The mentality is that everyone is where they are supposed to be!!! That can drive a type a personality crazy.

But, only 20 minutes or so you can be at the beginning of civilization. The city of Sierra Vista. It has the “Fort” and is mostly retirees AND it is only about an hour or so from a “real” big city: Tucson.

That is also where the only current dungeon is. I knew about them before I moved here. Since I was an active member of the San Francisco Leather Community it was easy to hook into the Arizona “scene”.

At that time there was PIT (Playing in Tucson) they met at a garage in the house of one of the members. That became a problem so the group re-organized to DD (www.desertdominion.org) and has been running their own place since.

The other organization that is quite popular here is APEX (www.arizonapowerexchange.com) and is near the Phoenix airport.

If kink interests you, read up:

My favorite books are:

Sensual Magic by Pat Califia
SM 101 by Jay Wiseman
Screw the Roses Give Me The Thorns by Phillip Miller http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0964596008/103-6142091-7734211?v=glance

There are websites that talk about the “real deal” and the groups in your area are safe places to investigate and learn. S/m is a great fantasy, but the real life experience may not be for you…as many have found out.

That is why it is imperative to do your homework!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home